UCL was involved in several papers and talks at IEEE VR2020. Anthony was one of the Journal Programme Chairs and one of the coordinators of the Virtual Conferencing Workshop (VR in VR). That workshop became very important as the whole conference moved online. Other contributions:
- Anthony talked on a panel at the VR in VR workshop. Vinoba Vinayamoorthy captured a nice image of the panel on Zoom
- Drew presented our paper t IEEE VR, Directing Versus Attracting Attention: Exploring the Effectiveness of Central and Peripheral Cues in Panoramic Videos. PDF here
- Anthony was a co-author on two papers resulting from his sabbatical at Microsoft Research. The first Using Facial Animation to Increase the Enfacement Illusion and Avatar Self-Identification
- The second Measuring System Visual Latency through Cognitive Latency on Video See-Through AR devices, also has github source for the timer that was used.
- We had a poster on Docking Haptics. There is a longer ArXiv paper that describes this prototype.